My name is MD Rofique.

Interview: 02
Interview: 02


Teacher: What’s your name?


Student: My name is MD Rofique.


Teacher: What’s your father’s name?


Student: My father’s name is Sultan Ahmad.


Teacher: What’s your mother’s name?


Student: My mother’s name is Roshida Begum.


Teacher: How old are you?


Student: I’m 12 years old.


Teacher: What grade are you studying in?


Student: I am a Grade 6 student.


Teacher: How many brothers and sisters do you have?


Student: I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters.


Teacher: What is your position in the family?


Student: I’m the fourth child in my family.


Teacher: What does your father do?


Student: My father works as a laborer in the camps.


Teacher: How much money does your father earn per day by working?


Student: He earns 200 taka per day.


Teacher: How can your father support the family with such a small income?


Student: This is not enough to support my family. It is not even enough for school expenses.


Teacher: So, where do you get the money for your private tuition fees?


Student: Sometimes I go to work with my father and earn some money, which I use to pay my monthly tuition fees.


Teacher: What is the name of your village?


Student: My village’s name is Long Dun, in northern Maungdaw.


Teacher: What do you want to become in the future?


Student: I want to become an engineer in the future.


Teacher: Why do you want to become an engineer?


Student: I heard from my grandfather that in the Rohingya community, there are no engineers to create cars, bicycles, and other things.


Teacher: Do you have anything to share with us?


Student: Yes, I would like to request all of humanity to pray for me and my family and to support the education of Rohingya children.


Teacher: Thank you so much for your time.


Student: Thank you, Teacher.
 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post